HOW IT WORKS
PABX system has several / many cable connections that point to a switchboard. PABX can be used as a telephone, modem and fax machine. And can be used as an internal communication tool for employees in the office. PABX device manages incoming calls and forwards calls to the destination number. This makes it easy for users to make a call to the destination number. Just press the destination number (extension number or house number).
With IP PBX all conversations will be sent as data packets over the network. This technology includes advanced communication features that provide flexibility in development (expansion) and durability desired by all companies. An IP PBX can connect to traditional PSTN lines through a VOIP gateway. So companies can still use regular telephone numbers. Without the need to change the existing external communication infrastructure.
BENEFITS OF PABX
- PABX can be programmed to bring up an automatic greeting.
- Can program connections to various fax destination numbers.
- Can track every incoming call and dial telephone.
- This system can limit users who can make telephone connections to certain destinations.
- Knowing improper telephone usage.
- Auto Attendant, a feature to directs callers into certain destinations automatically.
- Able to do conference calls.
BENEFITS OF IP PBX
- Much easier to install, configure and manage using a web-based GUI interface.
- Significant cost savings by using a VOIP provider.
- No need for telephone cable.
- Avoid vendor / brand dependence.
- IP PBX is based on SIP open standards.
- Improve service to your customers.
- IP Phone is easier to use.
PABX AND IP PBX SOLUTION BY AUSTIN NETWORKS
Austin Networks provide PABX and IP PBX communication systems. It’s tailored to the communication needs of companies. All you need is simply tell us what are your needs. Let we set everything for you, so you can keep focus in running your business.
To book an appointment for a consultation , please Contact Us